GoodElectronics presents 5 demands on EICC in new video
In a video statement released today, the GoodElectronics Network present 5 demands on the Electronic Industry Citizenship Coalition. EICC is a potentially important industry body of electronics brands and manufacturers, that is, however, failing to effectively address major human rights issues in the global electronics industry. Over the past years, the GoodElectronics Network has repeatedly called on EICC to address ongoing problems including low wages, long workhours, no trade unions, and the lack of proper grievance mechanisms. The video statement by GoodElectronics presents concerns and demands, at the occasion of the current EICC Code of Conduct review process.
The GoodElectronics Network calls upon EICC member companies to address 5 pressing issues:
• Provide supply chain transparency and accountability
• Make the EICC Code of conduct in line with ILO standards
• Respect workers’ rights to form & join trade unions
• Ensure the setup of effective, accessible grievance mechanisms
• Engage stakeholders in the decision-making process