Cividep presents new study ‘Challenges and Prospects for Decent Employment in Tamil Nadu’s Spinning Mills’ at Speakers Tour in Germany
Cividep’s partner organisation FEMNET is organising a speakers tour through Germany from 9th till 20th May 2016. Cividep’s consultant researcher Dr. Anibel Ferus-Comelo, author of the study as well as Mary Viyakula, a representative of the NGO SAVE (Social Awareness & Voluntary Education) report about human rights violations through the Sumangali labour practice in Indian spinning mills during public events in several German cities.
Part of the Speakers Tour are also presentations at fashion universities, dialogue with representatives of business and the government as well as participating in a conference on 12 May in Berlin.
Both experts, from India as well as the chairwoman of the board of FEMNET Dr. Gisela Burckhardt, are available for interviews.
- Caution! Women at Work: Surveillance in Garments Factories
- Street Play on Issues of the Garment Workers
- Cividep & FWF train women in garment sector
- Cividep India to organise a Roundtable Meeting on Living Wages
- “A lot of things happen, but we cannot talk about it” – the Plight of Voiceless Garment Workers.