Eliminating Violence against Women at Work
Sisters for Change partnered with Munnade, a local NGO working to support women garment workers with close ties to the only women-led garment worker union in Karnataka, The Garment Labour Union (GLU). The organisation held workshops to raise awareness amongst garment workers and also conducted a survey to evidence the scale of violence and harassment. This report presents the findings of a legal capacity-building project conducted during 2015-2016 to empower women garment workers in Bengaluru, Karnataka to challenge sexual harassment and violence at work.
- Implementation of Sexual Harassment at Workplace Act, 2013 in the garment sector – an Event Report
- Roundtable Meeting on Living Wages in the Garment Sector
- A Study of Occupational Health & Safety in the Garment Industry in Bangalore
- Do We Buy It? A joint research by Labour Behind the Label (LBL) and Cividep India, shows brand commitments on living wage to be misleading
- Needs Assessment of Childcare Facilities in Bangalore’s Garment Industry – Cividep India (in cooperation with FEMNET, Germany)