Conference on International legally binding instrument on TNCs with respect to human rights
On September 15, 2016, Cividep India conducted a consultation meeting in New Delhi to discuss the possibilities of establishing an international legally binding treaty to regulate the activities of transnational and domestic corporations, and protect human rights including labour rights, environmental rights and the rights of indigenous people. The consultation meeting was held in the wake of the second session of the UN Intergovernmental Working Group (IGWC) on TNCs and other business enterprises with respect to human rights that took place from 24-28 October, 2016 in Geneva. The consultation brought together CSOs in India to discuss the role and content of the proposed binding treaty, and explore opportunities to establish a business and human rights framework in India.
- Report on Conditions of Migrant Workers in Bangalore’s Garment Industry
- Cividep Contribution to Comparative Study on the Impact of Tanneries on Communities in North and South India
- National Conference on Business Responsibilities for Childcare in Workplaces
- Regional Risk Assessment of the Electronics Industry in India
- Implementation of Sexual Harassment at Workplace Act, 2013 in the garment sector – an Event Report