Policy workshop on Plantations Labour Act – Event Report
On 30th September 2016, Cividep India, PAJHRA (Promotion and Advancement of Justice, Harmony and Rights of Adivasis) and PAD (People’s Action for Development) conducted a one- day policy workshop on Plantations Labour Act reform for the Assam tea sector. The workshop had 33 participants, including representatives of local and national CSOs, union members, academicians, retired and serving public officials, advocates and media representatives. The event consisted of three sessions and covered topics including the current wage, the benefits framework, minimum wage and health conditions of the workers. A detailed report of the proceeding has been published by Cividep.
- Tainted Tea: Slave Labour in your Cuppa?
- Implementation of Sexual Harassment at Workplace Act, 2013 in the garment sector – an Event Report
- Walk a Mile in Their Shoes – Workers‘ Rights Violations in the Indian Leather and Footwear Industry
- Stitching Our Shoes report on the Leather industry in India, now in Spanish
- Conference on International legally binding instrument on TNCs with respect to human rights