Policy workshop on Plantations Labour Act – Event Report
On 30th September 2016, Cividep India, PAJHRA (Promotion and Advancement of Justice, Harmony and Rights of Adivasis) and PAD (People’s Action for Development) conducted a one- day policy workshop on Plantations Labour Act reform for the Assam tea sector. The workshop had 33 participants, including representatives of local and national CSOs, union members, academicians, retired and serving public officials, advocates and media representatives. The event consisted of three sessions and covered topics including the current wage, the benefits framework, minimum wage and health conditions of the workers. A detailed report of the proceeding has been published by Cividep.
- Tainted Tea: Slave Labour in your Cuppa?
- Report on Conditions of Migrant Workers in Bangalore’s Garment Industry
- Cividep Contribution to Comparative Study on the Impact of Tanneries on Communities in North and South India
- National Conference on Business Responsibilities for Childcare in Workplaces
- Regional Risk Assessment of the Electronics Industry in India