Street Play on Issues of the Garment Workers
As a part of the Migrant workers project (SYMPANY), Cividep and India Committee of Netherlands, worked along with Garment Labour Union(GLU) to improve the functioning of the union and increase in membership along. One of the activities undertaken for this project was organising street plays near the garment factories in Peenya. The video shows one of the street plays on the issues of the Garment workers performed by Hashmi Theater Forum, a theater movement started by the theater enthusiasts of Karnataka and is a tribute to the Street Theater activist Safdar Hashmi.
- Cividep at a Round-Table Conference at the University of Valencia, Spain
- Caution! Women at Work: Surveillance in Garments Factories
- “A lot of things happen, but we cannot talk about it” – the Plight of Voiceless Garment Workers.
- Garment workers’ protest in Bengaluru: Firstpost article with expert comments on the issue from Cividep
- Diplomacy Training Program celebrates 25 years. Cividep India one among the featured human right advocates.