Regional Risk Assessment of the Electronics Industry in India
Electronics Watch has released a Regional Risk Assessment of the Electronics Industry in India. The report documents factory compliance with labour laws in India and the Electronics Watch Code of Labour Standards in order to highlight the risks workers face. Cividep India, an Electronics Watch monitoring partner, conducted the research for this risk assessment, using multiple sources of data and methodologies, including original worker and management interviews. The report shows that precarious workers — temporary, contract, daily-wage, apprentices and trainees — are particularly vulnerable to labour rights abuses.
- Are global brands truly minding the gap? Cividep Responds to Global Brands
- Handbook on Labour Laws II
- NGO Coalition on Youth and Migrant Labour
- Implementation of Sexual Harassment at Workplace Act, 2013 in the garment sector – an Event Report
- From Temple Town to Industrial Hub: through the eyes of young workers