Regional Risk Assessment of the Electronics Industry in India
Electronics Watch has released a Regional Risk Assessment of the Electronics Industry in India. The report documents factory compliance with labour laws in India and the Electronics Watch Code of Labour Standards in order to highlight the risks workers face. Cividep India, an Electronics Watch monitoring partner, conducted the research for this risk assessment, using multiple sources of data and methodologies, including original worker and management interviews. The report shows that precarious workers — temporary, contract, daily-wage, apprentices and trainees — are particularly vulnerable to labour rights abuses.
- Are global brands truly minding the gap? Cividep Responds to Global Brands
- Handbook on Labour Laws II
- National Round-Table on Working Conditions and Social Dialogue in the Indian Electronics Industry, Chennai, 9 March 2018
- Report on Conditions of Migrant Workers in Bangalore’s Garment Industry
- Cividep Contribution to Comparative Study on the Impact of Tanneries on Communities in North and South India