National Conference on Business Responsibilities for Childcare in Workplaces
Cividep India, with Heinrich Böll Stiftung, held a national conference on ‘Business Responsibilities for Childcare in Workplaces’ in New Delhi, India on 24 October 2017. The conference facilitated a discussion among state authorities, global garment brands, trade unions, suppliers, civil society and Multi-Stakeholder Initiatives (MSIs) on childcare in workplaces. It focused on issues of maternity rights and early childhood care and education that are linked with business practices. The conference saw presentations from workers’ organisations assess the state of childcare in different sectors like garments and plantations. Ongoing projects on childcare in workplaces/ factories were presented to highlight best practices. The Chairperson of the National Commission for the Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR), New Delhi, a statutory commission, assured workers’ organisations to support their endeavor to ensure complete compliance by businesses with law relating to childcare in workplaces and to ensure the quality and coverage of childcare and early education for workers’ children. Global garment brands Varner and Superdry as well as MSIs FWF (Fair Wear Foundation), FLA (Fair Labor Association), ETI (Ethical Trading Initiative) and SAI (Social Accountability International) and several others participated.
- Report on Conditions of Migrant Workers in Bangalore’s Garment Industry
- Implementation of Sexual Harassment at Workplace Act, 2013 in the garment sector – an Event Report
- A Handbook of Non Judicial Grievance Mechanisms
- Cividep Contribution to Comparative Study on the Impact of Tanneries on Communities in North and South India
- Regional Risk Assessment of the Electronics Industry in India