National Round-Table on Working Conditions and Social Dialogue in the Indian Electronics Industry, Chennai, 9 March 2018
On 9 March 2018, Cividep India, Good Electronics and Electronics Watch are organising a National Round-Table on Working Conditions and Social Dialogue in the Indian Electronics Industry in Chennai. This National Round-Table will bring together global brands, supplier companies, workers, researchers, trade unionists, and civil society organisations to faciliate discussion on issues such as supply chain transparency; social dialogue across the sector; labour issues (wages, working conditions, contract labour and social protection) and occupational health and safety. Electronics Watch will also participate in a training programme on “global supply chains and monitoring working conditions” for electronics workers and union leaders, following the Round-Table.
Interested participants are requested to register via e-mail to Rekha Chakravarthi at email@example.com, latest by 28 February 2018.
- Dis-Connecting People – a film by Nokia India Employees’ Union
- An Introduction to Cividep – Video
- Occupational Health and Safety Workshop for Workers in the Electronic Sector
- #WhoCares? campaign for business responsibilities towards childcare and maternity rights
- Mapping ‘invisible’ shoemakers in south India: RMIT Round-Table in Vellore