People’s Health Movement – India: Third National Health Assembly
The third National Health Assembly of People’s Health Movement was held in Raipur, Chhattisgarh on 22nd and 23rd September 2018 with the motto, ” the time to make health and healthcare a fundamental right is now!.” Mr. Kaliyaperumal from Cividep attended the event, which aimed at bringing together activists, academicians, members of the civil society and NGOs for mobilising action on improving healthcare for all. The first day of the assembly witnessed participants representing their states and raising awareness through songs and slogans in their language, followed by an interactive session. Discussions were held on the gender dimensions of health of women and transgenders, different health insurance policies introduced by the states and the central government and the inefficient implementation of existing provisions and laws. The event concluded with a formulation of a charter on better health provisions for all which would be submitted to the Ministry of Health.
- Operationalising Labour Rights and Access to Remedy : A Conversation between Dr Jean Jenkins and Gopinath Parakuni
- #WhoCares? campaign for business responsibilities towards childcare and maternity rights
- National Round-Table on Working Conditions and Social Dialogue in the Indian Electronics Industry, Chennai, 9 March 2018
- Mapping ‘invisible’ shoemakers in south India: RMIT Round-Table in Vellore
- Cividep at a Round-Table Conference at the University of Valencia, Spain