Inaugural UN South Asia Forum on Business and Human Rights
The UN Working Group on Business and Human Rights (UNWG) and United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) co-organised the Inaugural UN South Asia Forum on Business and Human Rights on 14-15 March in New Delhi, India. The event looked at key business and human rights issues in the region and identified opportunities for effective implementation of the UN Guiding Principles (UNGPs) in South Asia. Pradeepan Ravi represented Cividep India at the Forum. He was one of the key speakers in a panel discussion on “Labour standards beyond the factory walls.” The other speakers were Han Dongfang, Executive Director of China Labour Bulletin, Nina Smith, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of GoodWeave International, Rana Alok Singh, Regional Director, South Asia of Ethical Trading Initiative (ETI) and was moderated by Kelvin Sergeant, International Labour Organisation (ILO) sustainable enterprise development specialist. Pradeepan presented Cividep’s work with homeworkers in the leather sector in Tamil Nadu.
- #WhoCares? campaign for business responsibilities towards childcare and maternity rights
- National Round-Table on Working Conditions and Social Dialogue in the Indian Electronics Industry, Chennai, 9 March 2018
- Mapping ‘invisible’ shoemakers in south India: RMIT Round-Table in Vellore
- 19 Public Reports published by Corporate Accountability Research
- Reuters publishes news article on the Stitching Our Shoes Report